MORE CLASSIC FACEBOOK DEBATE
Japanese researchers say they have discovered vast deposits of rare earth minerals, used in many hi-tech appliances, in the seabed. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-14009910
First reply to this story by myself before viewing the RT video which echoed my knowledgeable view :)
Minerals that are required for the out of control global human population - nothing we can do about it until that stabilises through the prioritisation of most women's education!
H.S. Replies
Yes and no Phil - no because the minerals are required for gadgets like i-pads & i-phones that most of the world's population will never own, and are 'required' by the western consumerism culture that thinks electronic items are disposable.
And yes because improving female education - and healthcare- will lead to a reduction in birthrate & population increase. But it's Western countries that are using most of the resources, not the poorer countries where populations are booming.
I reply
@H.S. obviously you didn't want me to see your post, otherwise you'd of put @ Phil Brindley
There again it won't be the first time your very basic knowledge/maturity has been questioned!
Your reply might have had some merit if it had been said 30 years a go; where do I start?
Populations are booming in most modern societies, including western (western countries is an irrelevant terminology on this issue) due to people living longer, immigration, lack of female education etc etc; most of the poorer societies in specific parts of some countries are virtually reliant on either recycling our mobile phones or rubbish etc etc just to make ends meet.
China's population is stabilising (horrific as their methods are).
Kerala has already led the way in successfully implementing women's education and thus a sustainable society.
Define poor country? Are we talking greece, congo, burma etc if so theres many more issues and much lower life expectancy in most of them
. Your so out of your depth here hazel again (remember aye-ayes, punnit squares, naked ladies and the total drama you created for yourself in the library!!!
I don't even think I should spend any more time commenting on someone I know very well's comments - as I know how poor your teaching was viewed by virtually everyone at Newquay! Emily being the only exception - straight after you got her the 'plum' work experience/research project!? in Aberdeen!?? poisoning worms!???
After viewing this video broadcast the next day on RT - Mobile fishing in India
.
To the Marine Con Society (who 'liked' H.S.'s comment) and H.S. -
What was that you were saying?!
I've heard of Topical and coincidences but this story is as fresh as me :)
It seems to me that you're motivated by some sort of personal vendetta? Try doing something constructive with your life rather than bashing hard-working people on Facebook all day or on your highly influential and widely read blog ;)
ReplyDeleteGrow up mate.
BTW
Outside Sub-Saharan Africa and war torn areas such as Palestine and East Timor, the issue of overpopulation is negligible. Yes people are living longer but fertility rates are declining in most nations.
I've got over 500 page views in four of the last 12 months, so it's on a par with MCS. When commenting please try and state something rather than whatever the last post meant to say!
ReplyDelete"When commenting please try and state something rather than whatever the last post meant to say"
ReplyDeleteTry reading it then.
500 page views? Hahaha, how small time. You only have 4 followers. Most of the comments I've read on here are by people who disagree with you.
Actually you only have 3 followers, you appear to be following yourself!
ReplyDeleteOver half my audience is from the USA and around a quarter from virtually every country in the world (except The Vatican etc). I've already got the MCS to take population dynamics seriously, as well as insuring their 'representatives' (H.S. being one as you know)don't continue to condemn Sir David Attenborough's conclusion that without controlling the human population all environmental issues are pointless! I'm talking macro not micro!
ReplyDeleteLOL!
ReplyDeleteWhere are all the comments? Where are your followers on Twitter? Oh I forgot, they don't exist because nobody cares what you have to say!
Considering the amount of spam you put on Facebook the traffic your site gets is pathetic.
If previous comments are anything to go by, the people following your links don't even agree with your views.
Your posts are motivated by some weird personal vendetta against certain conservation charities and an obsession with natural history broadcasters!
Phil Brindleys's reaction to the comment above
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8pR1rZZHEs
I notice my previous comment got deleted. Did I touch a nerve?
ReplyDeleteIt was just (.../ ) marks, send it again if you want! Thought it was a mistake like....
ReplyDeleteOh I see the erect penis now i'm not in edit mode, as seen in your other comment. Certainly touched a nerve in you I see!
ReplyDeleteCan't tell him to grow up; when your posting anonymously; bellend.
ReplyDeleteTo me, it is something constructive, bringing the truth out of people who clearly chat shit. journalism 101.
Oh and spam advertising through facebook; SHIT ME; like no one does that. Going viral like that is the best way to advertise for free. Face it mate your well out of your league and as for this 'personal vendetta' how can i be sure your just not on the opposing side. Once again Mr anonymous your a BELLEND.
ReplyDeleteCouldn't of put it better myself, cheers mate :) Your right as well about the bellend being on the opposing side. Hazel Selly is one of the people who regularly condemn Sir David Attenborough, the bellend does too! She also steals display items, such as crab anatomy puppets for use at Newquay College from Truro Museum! openly in front of the degree students she takes there. I wonder what the museum, college and parents of students at Newquay will make of that? The MCS will deny all knowledge of her work in their name - that's for sure!
ReplyDeleteLooks like Phil has got his one and only mate on the case!
ReplyDelete"bringing the truth out of people who clearly chat shit"
ReplyDeleteWhat truths? Phil Brindley just complains that certain UK based organizations aren't tackling issues well beyond their remit and spouts misinformed opinions through Facebook.
100% wrong Dan - Try researching things yourself rather than believing things just because they sound right! At the very least watch the Keiser Report (now available on Facebook) and RT or Al Jazerra. If you don't at least do that you will always be a brainwashed muppet puppet!
ReplyDelete