http://rt.com/news/190808-osce-panel-slier-rt/
‘Death threats on Facebook, Twitter for my reports’ – RT journalist
RT correspondent Paula Slier faced strong anti-Russian bias during an OSCE panel on the freedom of journalism. She was invited to speak about her experience as a reporter while covering the situation in the conflict zone in eastern Ukraine.
Slier was attending a panel entitled ‘Professional Journalist: How to escape a deadly danger’ in Warsaw, Poland on Thursday, where she wanted to share her impressions that journalists nowadays have become targets.
“I mentioned that I receive death threats on Facebook and Twitter for my reports on RT, that my colleagues have been – and continue to be – denied entry into Ukraine,” Slier said later to RT.
She added that despite repeated requests, RT “continues to be refused ‘ATO [Anti-terrorist operation] accreditation’ which means that RT crews cannot film in areas controlled by the Ukrainian Army.”
"Unfortunately for the most part delegates were not open to hearing my point of view. They kept repeating that Russian media is propaganda and that we tell lies. When I challenged them on this, they were unable to support their claims," Slier said.

No comments:
Post a Comment