Czech President Open Letter to Bandera Apologists
If you say you don't know this - then what kind of scholars of Ukrainian studies are you?
If you do, however - here is my second question: Do you agree with him or not?
If you agree with this statement then our discussion is done and over with.
For your information I want to tell you that Bandera wished to make out of Ukraine a vassal state of Germany.
He had support of Alfred Rosenberg in this plan, but Hitler had made other plans - after winning the war to give Ukraine to German peasants to settle. Thus Bandera project was canceled and he found himself in concentration camp. Something similar was happening in our lands too, as with the founder of "Vlajka" Jan Ryz-Rozsévač [ "Flag", Czech fascist movement ].
I would like to further remind you that ex-president Yushchenko declared Bandera a national hero, just as now there are attempts to make a hero out of Mr.Shukhevich, who among other deeds, instigated executions of thousands of Jews in Lvov in 1941.
I cannot congratulate a country that has such "national heroes".
I am glad to have an opportunity to expand your knowledge. I wish you best of luck in your further studies.
Sincerely,
Miloš Zeman,
President of Czech Republic
The original - in Czech - here, at President Zeman official page
https://m.facebook.com/prezidentcr/posts/789214857827608
I would like to respond to the open letter sent to me with an open letter of my own :
Esteemed scholars of Ukrainian studies,
I have received your letter in which you advocate for Stepan Bandera.
Allow me to ask you two questions in return:
First, are you aware of Bandera statement: "You must kill every Polish person between 16 and 60 years of age"
https://m.facebook.com/prezidentcr/posts/789214857827608
I would like to respond to the open letter sent to me with an open letter of my own :
Esteemed scholars of Ukrainian studies,
I have received your letter in which you advocate for Stepan Bandera.
Allow me to ask you two questions in return:
First, are you aware of Bandera statement: "You must kill every Polish person between 16 and 60 years of age"
If you say you don't know this - then what kind of scholars of Ukrainian studies are you?
If you do, however - here is my second question: Do you agree with him or not?
If you agree with this statement then our discussion is done and over with.
For your information I want to tell you that Bandera wished to make out of Ukraine a vassal state of Germany.
He had support of Alfred Rosenberg in this plan, but Hitler had made other plans - after winning the war to give Ukraine to German peasants to settle. Thus Bandera project was canceled and he found himself in concentration camp. Something similar was happening in our lands too, as with the founder of "Vlajka" Jan Ryz-Rozsévač [ "Flag", Czech fascist movement ].
I would like to further remind you that ex-president Yushchenko declared Bandera a national hero, just as now there are attempts to make a hero out of Mr.Shukhevich, who among other deeds, instigated executions of thousands of Jews in Lvov in 1941.
I cannot congratulate a country that has such "national heroes".
I am glad to have an opportunity to expand your knowledge. I wish you best of luck in your further studies.
Sincerely,
Miloš Zeman,
President of Czech Republic
No comments:
Post a Comment