Thursday, 19 December 2013

Marks and Spencer stop production of all Angora products :) Now we need to make sure they, and other retailers don't sell any of the much more seriously tortured by being skinned alive animals fur and hair!!

To: chairman@customersupport.marksandspencer.com
I saw Your labeling of Indigo products discrepancies in your shop - not online, and please don't disrespect me further by falsely implying that I thought your product called 'Mole' was made of mole skin! I clearly stated that it was not labelled like the the rest of the same range 'Does not contain any real animal fur'. As for you mentioning any further disappointments I may have with you stopping the angora trade, well I have non except to say well done and now make sure you never sell any fur, hair or animal product from in particular China, Ireland, Romania, Canada or any part of Asia including Turkey where your Angora socks stem from because IT WILL OF BEEN TORTURED!


Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 16:55:43 +0000
From: chairman@customersupport.marksandspencer.com
To: phil70@hotmail.co.uk
Subject: Your M&S

Dear Mr/Ms Brindley

Thank you for your email.

As stated previously, we do not condone animal cruelty, as per our animal welfare policy. All suppliers follow strict guidelines as a condition of working with M&S and we do not use real fur in any of our products. 

We took action when concerns were raised and have now completed additional visits to the Angora farms from which we source. We found no evidence of live plucking or tethering in our supply chain and no evidence that our animal welfare policy has not been adhered to.

The report findings are confidential, but having listened carefully to our customers, PETA and other stakeholders we concluded that a free range model was the only way we could continue producing Angora products. However, our research has, unfortunately, told us that free range Angora farming is not currently possible. We will therefore stop production of all products containing Angora Wool and have changed our animal welfare policy to remove Angora from our supply chain.
Referring to the Indigo 'mole' product you've seen online, I can confirm the fur trim and lining are both faux fur and the coat is faux suede. The word mole is used to describe the colour of the coat and not it's composition. If you also click on the product description you will see the statement 'This product does not contain real fur'; I'm sorry for any confusion this has caused.

I’m afraid we are unable to comment further as we've included the relevant information in our previous responses.
 I'm sorry for any further disappointment this causes but thank you again for contacting us.
 Kind Regards

Simon Hoskins
Executive Office
Your M&S Customer Service
Tel: 020 7935 4422
Email: chairman@customersupport.marksandspencer.com



Marks and Spencer think Rabbits are the only animals skinned alive in China!


http://philsreport.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/marks-and-spencer-think-rabbits-are.html


No comments:

Post a Comment